I picked an interesting month to take on the National Blog Post Month challenge. This happens to be an unusually busy month for me personally, with a lot of commitments weighing heavily on me, and, as usual, not enough sleep.
Cranking out a daily blog post, for me, feels rushed, premature, and honestly, stressful. But, because it is so hard is why I want to do it. (It makes me feel
like a Ninja.)
If I can get through the month of November without losing my sanity or having my family and friends disown me, it will be a victory. It’s been three weeks since I’ve had a Diet Coke, so I’ve got this.
Challenges are good. Being uncomfortable is good. Stretching myself is good. Twenty-one more days of this
feels like torture is a challenge I gladly accept.
Here are a few things I dream about doing once this month is over:
1) Go for a spa day. (Okay, I don’t really have the patience to be in a spa all day, but, I’ll settle happily for a facial or massage, as long as they promise not to get any gook in my hair.)
2) Lie on the couch and do nothing but aimlessly push the buttons on the TV remote.
3) Go to the pet store and play with puppies.
4) Shop online in my pajamas ALL. MORNING. LONG.
5) Talk on the phone without rushing to get off.
6) Play Candy Crush. (I don’t even play Candy Crush.)
7) Stare at a flower until all the petals fall off. (Zen, right?)
8) Decorate my house for the holidays. (Removing Pilgrims and pumpkins and putting up tinsel, dreidels and menorahs.)
9) Write a blog post without any urgency to click “publish.”
10) Celebrate with a bottle of champagne. Cheers!